- Frequency and Scope of Work Tailored to State & Local Regulations and the In-House Maintenance Capabilities of Each Customer
- Work with Customer's Operations Personnel to Maintain Full NFPA 110 Compliance Requiring Monthly Run Tests, Load Transfers, Periodic Changes of Fluids, Filters, etc.
- Quoted and Scheduled to Minimize Costs
- Can Work With Customer-Specified Limits Authorizing Immediate Repair for Corrective Actions at Time of
Preventative Maintenance Visits
Emergency Callout Response
- 24/7 Coverage with All Calls Answered by PPT Personnel
- - NO "After-Hours" Answering Services
- Minimum On-Site Response Times Ranging From 1 to 4 Hours
- Mobilize the Industry's Largest Field Technician Force in Bringing Resources to Those Areas Most Affected By Hurricanes and Other Disasters
- Invested in Technologies and Equipment to Maximize Effectiveness - i.e., GPS, Satellite Phones, Diesel Storage Tanks, Portable Generators, Mobile Housing, etc.
Load Bank Testing of Generators
- Test Ability of Generator to Carry Rated Load
- Eliminates Wet-Stacking - i.e, the Build-Up of Carbon in the Engine, Which Poses a Fire Hazard
Diesel Top-Off Refueling
- #1 Reason Cited For Generator Failure is "Low/No Fuel"
- Diesel Tanks Should Always Be Kept Full to Eliminate Risk of Water Contamination Caused by Condensation in the Unfilled Portion of Tanks in Humid Weather
Fuel Cleaning ("Polishing")
- Eliminate Contaminates Through On-Site Filtering